The team is always looking for people who would like to participate. We prefer those that love the outdoors and enjoy interacting with people to provide information and medical assistance when requested or needed.
Team members should have capability in one or more of the following areas:
- Medical (i.e., nurse, paramedic, AEMT, EMT, WFR, or Emergency Medical Responder, etc.)
- Licensed amateur radio operator (with 2-meter handheld radio), and/or
- Basic climbing experience
All team members are strongly encouraged to be CPR/AED certified. This will be a requirement as of the 2017 hiking season. On occasion individuals are accepted for membership who don’t yet have a particular skills (designated as a “runner”).
The requirements and membership process are explained at the two all-day Saturday training sessions where you will have an opportunity to ask questions. Formal applications will be available at the meetings. Members should plan on participating two weekends during the season so a major time commitment is not required.
The work is totally voluntary. Members donate their time, money, personal equipment and transportation to trailhead and make both personal and financial investments to participate on the team. Prospective members should understand that they must supply their own personal gear (backpack, clothing, food, radio equipment, sleeping bag, etc). Membership is subject to a recommendation of team leaders and the director.
If you are interested in being on the team:
1. Complete the TERT Application using the following format as file name: LastnameFirstnameYYYY [year of application].[the appropriate extension for the file type – normally “doc”] Example: MeyerGlen1983.doc. Also, include with this a digital photo of yourself. Send both of these as an email attachment to Wade Starks: firstname.lastname@example.org and please cc email@example.com.
2. Complete the Sheriff’s Office Volunteer Form and send it by mail (since a signature is required) to:
Utah County Sheriff’s Office
3075 North Main
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
Note: Applicant must be at least 18 years of age to be a member of the the Team.