- It normally takes adults about 6 to 8 hours to hike to top and around 4 hours to get back to trail head.
- The Timpooneke trail is not as steep as the Aspen Grove trail and is a bit easier to follow.
- A min. of 3 liters/person of liquid is recommended (soft drinks don’t count). Water can be found at Emerald Lake but should be filtered.
- It is usually much cooler on Timp than in the valley so take extra clothing.
- With nights longer, take flashlights in case you have to come down in the dark! This happens quite often.
- There is a group size restriction. I believe it is 15 people max. Check with Forest Service for actual regulation.
For details or futher information, please contact the Pleasant Grove Ranger Distict (801.785.3563)